Hybridoma development is a powerful technology for generating monoclonal antibodies, which have widespread application both as therapeutics and as research tools. Hybridomas are created by fusing antibody-producing B cells from immunized rodents to an immortal myeloma cell line, resulting in a hybrid cell line that retains the antibody-producing properties of the B cell and the ability to reproduce in tissue culture from the myeloma. LakePharma will develop appropriate immunization and screening methods to raise monoclonal antibodies with the desired properties to an antigen of interest.
Please contact LakePharma at firstname.lastname@example.org for custom quotes and details.
Click here for more information on cell-based antibody characterization assays.
1. Immunize rodent (mouse or rat) with immunogen in suitable adjuvant.
2. Determine titer using appropriate assay.
3. Once sufficient titer is reached, fuse lymphocytes to myeloma fusion partner, and apply selection to eliminate unfused cells.
4. Screen hybridomas using an appropriate assay.
5. Subclone and rescreen positives to ensure clonality and stability.
2. Information on desired antibody properties
3. Method and reagents for titering and screening
Frozen vials of hybridoma cells from positive subclones