Hybridoma development is a powerful technology for generating monoclonal antibodies, which have widespread application both as therapeutics and research tools. Hybridomas are created by fusing antibody-producing B cells from immunized rodents to an immortal myeloma cell line, resulting in a hybrid cell line that retains the antibody-producing properties of the B cell and the ability to reproduce in tissue culture from the myeloma. LakePharma will develop appropriate immunization and screening methods to raise monoclonal antibodies with the desired properties to an antigen of interest.
Please contact LakePharma at email@example.com for custom quotes and details.
1. Client provided, or previously generated cell line is tested for contamination.
2. If cell line is free of contaminants, a small working cell bank is created.
3. A small scale expression optimization study is conducted to determine optimal production media and harvest conditions. A production cell bank is prepared using the production media selected from small scale expression study.
4. 1 liter expression is performed and harvested at the expression conditions identified in the small scale expression study. The protein is purified by protein A affinity chromatography. Elution fractions are analyzed by PAGE & Western blot and pooled based on purity metrics established with the client
Please note: production may subsequently be scaled up to 10 liters or higher to produce antibody quantities needed by clients.
Options available: low endotoxin processing (inquire), protein titer quantification (HPLC), analytical protein characterization including aSEC (HPLC), C-IEF, thermal stability analysis, mass-spec, and protein formulation optimization.
1. Hybridoma cell line (unless previously generated at LakePharma).
2. Culture conditions, including recipe for growth media.
3. Anticipated production levels, if known.
1. Cell bank
2. Purified antibody
3. Study report
4. Certificate of Analysis