The 4th annual LakePharma Symposium was held at the South San Francisco Conference Center on Oct. 7th. Over 300 local scientists attended the day-long event, featuring presentations from Stanford, local biotech companies including Atreca, GigaGen, and TeneoBio, and large pharma companies including Janssen, Pfizer and Grifols. Presentations focused on new technologies in immune repertoire expression and analysis, rapid development of therapeutic antibodies, promises and challenges in developing bispecific antibodies, and methods in analyzing antibody epitopes. In addition to formal presentations, the symposium included special topic workshops, a poster session, and a happy hour for networking.
Note: A select number of speakers have made their presentations available for download. Talks available for download have a hyperlink in the schedule section below.
Norman Garceau, Ph.D., VP of Technology, LakePharma, Inc.
John "Lippy" Lippincott, Ph.D., VP of Antibody Discovery, LakePharma, Inc.
David Johnson, Ph.D., CEO, GigaGen
Yasmina Abdiche, Ph.D., Research Fellow, Rinat/Pfizer
John “Lippy” Lippincott, Ph.D., VP of Antibody Discovery, LakePharma, Inc.
Shelley Force Aldred, Ph.D., VP of Pre-clinical Development, TeneoBio
Anatoly Shcherbatko, Ph.D., Associate Research Fellow, Rinat/Pfizer
Jill Carton, Ph.D., Director of R&D, Janssen Biotherapeutics
Kexin Huang, Ph.D., Director of Antibody Engineering, LakePharma, Inc.
Guy Cavet, Ph.D., Chief Technology Officer, Atreca, Inc.
Elizabeth Booth, Ph.D., Scientist, Grifols Diagnostic Solutions
David Meininger, Ph.D., Chief Business Officer, Trianni
William Robinson, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Stanford University
Keren Drori, Ph.D., Program Manager, Takara
Henry C. Chiou, Ph.D., Associate Director, Cell Biology, Thermo Fisher
8:30 am Breakfast and Registration
8:55 am Welcome Remarks
9:00 am Morning Session I.
• David Johnson, Ph.D., CEO, GigaGen “Recombinant expression of millions-diverse natural antibody repertoires as a replacement for plasma-derived intravenous immunoglobulin”
• Shelley Force Aldred, Ph.D., VP of Pre-clinical Development, TeneoBio “Winning the numbers game: Developing novel multi-specific therapeutics from a large and diverse collection of human domain antibodies”
10:10 – 10:40 am Morning Break in Exhibition Area
10:40 am Morning Session II.
• Guy Cavet, Ph.D., Chief Technology Officer, Atreca “Intelligent discovery of antibodies from humans and other animals”
• Yasmina Abdiche, Ph.D., Research Fellow, Rinat/Pfizer “Advances in the analytical methods used to characterize the epitopes of monoclonal antibodies”
11:50 am – 1:30 pm Lunch & Breakout Sessions
12:45 – 1:15 pm Breakout Sessions
• The Trianni human antibody discovery platform, David Meininger, Ph.D., Chief Business Officer, Trianni, John “Lippy” Lippincott, Ph.D., VP of Antibody Discovery, LakePharma
• High-capacity system for rapid purification of antibodies using Protein A membranes, Keren Drori, Ph.D., Program Manager, Takara
• Introduction to the Expi-class transient expression systems, applications and considerations, Henry C. Chiou, Ph.D., Associate Director, Cell Biology, Thermo Fisher
• Grifols: A legacy in antigen development and engineering, Elizabeth Booth, Ph.D, Scientist, Grifols Diagnostic Solutions
1:30 pm Afternoon Session I.
• Hua Tu, Ph.D., CEO, LakePharma Brief remarks
• Kexin Huang, Ph.D., Director of Antibody Engineering, LakePharma “Bispecific antibody engineering and development at LakePharma”
• Jill Carton, Ph.D., Director of R&D, Janssen Biotherapeutics “Multi-specific antibody therapeutics, advancements and lessons learned from discovery to early development”
2:50 – 3:20 pm Poster Sessions and Break: Download final agenda to view list of posters presented.
3:20 pm Afternoon Session II.
• Anatoly Shcherbatko, Ph.D., Associate Research Fellow, Rinat/Pfizer “Modulation of P2X3 and P2X2/3 receptors by monoclonal antibodies”
• William Robinson, M.D., Associate Professor, Stanford University “Sequencing antibody répertoires to decipher pathogenic mechanisms in rheumatoid arthritis"
4:30 pm Raffle and Closing Remarks
4:30 – 6:00 pm Networking & Happy Hour
Download pdf Agenda:
Participants: please email feedback and suggestions for next year to email@example.com.
Registration for this year is not open yet, please check later.